Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center Volunteer Services
In order to maintain the health of our community, we are temporarily postponing all volunteer programs at CHI St. Luke’s locations. Please check back for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center (BSLMC) invites you to become a member of our volunteer team. BSLMC is located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas- 1101 Bates Avenue. As a volunteer, you will donate time and energy to provide many vital services to our patients and their families, visitors, staff, and the community. Our volunteers include high school and college students as well as working and retired adults who contribute their unique talents, gifts, and compassion.
Volunteering has a significant impact on the community and a positive influence on your health, wellbeing, and spirit. Volunteers at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center are part of a unique family that thrives on service and camaraderie.
- Free valet or garage parking
- Scholarship opportunities
- 10% discount at the hospital’s Bertner Café
- 20% discount at Lori’s Gift Shop
- Letter of recommendation after 100 hours of service
- Annual service recognition
- Free flu shots
- Assist at Information Desks to direct visitors
- Support families in waiting areas
- Deliver mail to patients in the hospital
- Perform administrative tasks
- Provide pastoral/spiritual care visits
- Greet guest and serve as a patient advocate
- Circulate “Art Cart” paintings for patient rooms
- Organize hospital fundraising events
- Coordinate holiday events for patients and visitors
Become a Volunteer
You must be 18 years or older to volunteer. We do not offer one-time volunteer opportunities. We do not have direct patient/shadowing opportunities available. All volunteers are required to commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service. Volunteers will be asked to commit to serve at least once a week, for a 3 hour shift.
- Online Application
- Interview: Volunteer Services will contact you email to schedule an in-person interview. During the interview, we will discuss your interests and availability to determine placement options
- Health Screening: Following the interview, we will begin a background check and review your immunization records. All volunteers are required to take a drug screening and tuberculosis (TB) test
- Orientation: An orientation day will be scheduled with a member of the Volunteer Services team
- Assignment & Training: Volunteers will be contacted to confirm assigned volunteer area and receive specific training
For more information about volunteering: Call 832-355-2102
Become a Junior Volunteer
Updates for the 2020 Junior Volunteer Program will be posted here as we know more. Thank you for your patience.
The Baylor St. Luke’s Junior Volunteer Program is an excellent opportunity for students ages 15-18 to learn valuable skills while providing an important service to our patients. The program runs every summer from June through August. Applicants must be aged 15 by June 1st in order to be eligible. Application packets for the Junior Volunteer Program become available the first Monday of January. For more information or to request an application packet, please call 832-355-2102 or email email@example.com