Wasif Abidi, MD
Gastroenterology Internal Medicine
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment713-798-0950
- New York University School of Medicine
Dr. Abidi earned his medical degree and doctorate from New York University School of Medicine. He continued his internship and residency training in New York at Mount Sinai Hospital. He then completed Gastroenterology, Bariatric Endoscopy, and Advanced Endoscopy Fellowships at Brigham and Women’s Hospital of Harvard Medical School in Boston. While there, Dr. Abidi gained unique experience in endoscopic primary weight loss procedures and treatment of complications of bariatric surgery. He has participated in numerous studies and clinical trials in novel treatments of obesity and diabetes. He has also served as faculty at international meetings on flexible endoscopic surgery.
Dr. Abidi has experience in a variety of gastrointestinal diseases and offers both basic and interventional endoscopic procedures. He is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine.
Professional interests include:
- Endoscopic Weight Loss Procedures (Intragastric Balloons, Sleeve Gastroplasty, Aspiration, etc)
- Endoscopic Revision of Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Complications of Bariatric Surgery
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- ERCP and Cholangioscopy
- Pancreatic Fluid Collections and Cysts
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Zenker's Diverticulum Treatment (Flexible Endoscopic Cricopharyngeotomy)
- Management of Biliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Colorectal Cancer Screening & Colonoscopy
Years of Experience: 5
If this is an emergency, dial 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department.